Do you want to know How To Get Whiter Teeth? When you think of your teeth there may be many things that come to mind. It is safe to say that at least once you have looked at your own smile and wished that your teeth were even just a shade whiter than they are. Teeth often discolor because of diet or lack of good brushing habits. There are many factors as to why your teeth may not be as pearly white as they once were. The good news is there are many ways to try and get them back.
There are many ways you can get whiter teeth. You also want to think about the enamel of your teeth while you are whitening them. Is the product or method you are using to whiten your teeth safe for your tooth's enamel? Below we will go over some ways to whiten your teeth naturally, effectively, and without damaging the tooth enamel.
What Is The Best Option For Whitening Your Teeth?
This depends on how much time and money you are wanting to invest in this process. Go for a well-known brand if you are going with an over the counter product.
There are some very effective whitening toothpastes and rinses out there that will remove stains from your teeth. These will be moderately effective but will not get your teeth shining white. These products will whiten your teeth if used regularly. If you go with a whitening strip placed on your teeth for a certain length of time, you can expect this to whiten your teeth up to about five shades lighter than when you started. Same goes for the paint on formulas that you apply to your teeth before bed.
You can also use whitening trays that are a mold created to fit over your teeth. These are something you can get from your dentist and they provide you with the fitted tray as well as the bleaching gel for you to use at home. You can get these over the counter but they will be more effective and safe if you can get them from your dentist.
Whiten Your Teeth Naturally
If using a product with bleach or peroxide makes you nervous, there are some ways you can help keep your teeth whiter naturally. Here are a few ways you can get those whiter teeth back with out bleach or harsh chemicals:
- Brush After Eating Or Drinking: This can be the toughest way to whiten your teeth naturally but it can be done with some persistence. Simply make sure you brush or clean your teeth after eating or drinking anything that may have an effect on the color of your teeth. Like after drinking coffee or wine. Avoiding smoking cigarettes and eating a healthy diet can also aid in the whitening of your teeth.
- Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide: This works as a great antibacterial agent as well as a good total overall mouth and gum cleaner. Just use half water and half hydrogen peroxide as an oral rinse, swishing it around for about one minute and rinse. This aides in cleaning your mouth of bacteria and helping overall oral health. To whiten your teeth, use hydrogen peroxide with some baking soda and make a paste to help remove plaque from your teeth.
- Make sure you brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste before doing this homemade paste. Baking soda is gritty, so you do want to make sure you mix the right amount of hydrogen peroxide with it. If you do not, you can easily scrub the enamel right off your teeth. Using these products safely can help whiten your teeth over time as well as help your overall oral health.
- Coconut Oil Pulling: Swishing around about a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth can naturally whiten your teeth. You can also apply a small layer of oil to your teeth after brushing to do the same thing. To use this method, you will want to pull the oil all around your mouth for about 20 minutes or add a few drops to your toothbrush and brush it on. Not only is coconut oil good for helping to naturally whiten your smile, it is also good for overall gum health.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Since it is known that this vinegar acts as a natural antibiotic and a tooth and gum cleaner, it only makes sense that it can also help reduce stains on your teeth. It is known to work especially well on stains made from coffee and nicotine. You should be careful using this method as it is acidic and overuse could lead to the loss of tooth enamel. This is something you could do once a month continuously to safely see a whiter smile. Simply rub some ACV on your teeth and leave it for a minute then rinse well with water or a hydrogen peroxide rinse.
- Healthy Diet: For a whiter smile? Yes. Adding more berries to your diet is a great way to get antioxidants into your body. This includes your teeth and gums! Believe it or not, you can mash up some strawberries, rub them all over your teeth and rinse well. To help you strengthen your teeth as well, you can add more sources of calcium like yogurt and milk as well as cage free eggs. Simply switching your diet to a cleaner way of eating can help whiten your teeth more than you might think.
Changing to a healthier diet as well as using homemade rinses and pastes can get you on track to a whiter smile!